Purchasing is easy. Redeeming is easy. Vouchers make the perfect gift – and purchasing is easy as!
GLASS BOTTOM BOAT
- Adult Ages 16+
- Child Ages 3-15, must book with paying Adult
- Senior (with Gold Card) Ages 65+
- Infant Ages 0-2 years must be included in the booking
- Family (2Adults + 2Children)
TOUR GOAT ISLAND BY GLASS BOTTOM BOAT
The 45-minute fully commentated “around the island” tour gives visitors a unique perspective into New Zealand’s first marine reserve. Peering through the glass, guests stay dry while viewing a thriving underwater ecosystem, teeming with reefs, fish, and other marine life. Above water, Goat Island is the focal point, as are the many species of birds that live in this coastal habitat.
During the tour, visitors learn about the history, preservation, and continued protection of the Goat Island Marine Reserve. In addition, they can expect to learn about the various types of fish, birds, and marine life viewed during the trip, and as the sea and weather conditions are always changing, so is the wildlife seen during each tour – no trip is ever the same! Occasionally, dolphins, orcas, whales, and sharks make an appearance as they migrate through the reserve.
The 49-seat glass-bottom boat “Aquador” runs multiple trips daily, departing from the beach at Goat Island Marine Reserve. Bookings are essential and can be made in advance online, or day-of on the beach.
This tour is family-friendly and suitable for guests of all ages.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
On the day of your tour, we occasionally have to cancel trips due to poor weather or sea conditions. You will receive an automated email from our booking system if this occurs, with information and instructions.
- If taking a tour during the colder months, it’s advisable to bring a jacket or jumper to stay warm throughout the trip.
- If you are susceptible to motion sickness, take or bring medication with you.
- If you plan on enjoying more than one activity or spending time on the beach, bring food and beverages for an onshore picnic.
REMEMBER, THIS IS A PROTECTED MARINE RESERVE.
That means there’s no fishing, and nothing (including shells, sticks, or seaweed) may be removed from the beach. Dogs are not allowed at Goat Island Marine Reserve.